Please make sure that you read each of the below sections before applying for any Ball scholarships. If you have any questions, you may request help here.
1) Ensure That You Are Eligible
Thank you for your interest Ball Scholarships. The program guidelines are as follows:
Natural or adopted children of active regular, full-time employees are eligible. Employee must have been employed with Ball Corporation for more than 6 months consistently before the application due date of February 15. Stepchildren who are solely supported by the employee and permanently residing in the household of which the employee is head are also eligible. Children of elected officers of Ball Corporation are not eligible.
Students who have previously earned a baccalaureate degree are not eligible to apply towards a second baccalaureate or master’s degree.
You may apply for both the John W. Fisher Scholarship and the Lisa Pauley Scholarship if you meet the eligibility requirements for both.
John. W Fisher Scholarship Eligibility
To be considered, the student must be at least a senior in high school, have demonstrated academic excellence in high school (and college if currently or previously enrolled), and have plans to complete a college education or trade school.
Lisa Pauley Scholarship Eligibility
To be considered, the student must be female, at least a senior in high school, have demonstrated academic excellence in high school (and college if currently or previously enrolled), and have plans to complete a college education or trade school to pursue a career in business, science, technology, engineering, math or manufacturing.
Requirements of Employees
Employees whose children are selected as recipients must continue to be an active regular, full-time employee throughout the period of the scholarship grant. Resignation by an employee or dismissal of an employee by the company automatically terminates the grant to his/her child at the end of the current academic year. This rule excludes the following cases:
- Long-term disability
- Permanent and total disability
- Elimination of position resulting from reorganization or plant closing
- Military leave (even if the company cannot reinstate upon return)
Requirements of Recipients
Scholarship award standards require that the recipient be enrolled as a full-time student, maintain a grade point average of B or better, and be a student in good standing, as defined by the institution of attendance.
At the completion of each semester of study, recipients are required to provide to the company an official record of courses taken, grades earned, and plans for the next academic period. Recipients who drop out for one or more periods must petition the selection committee for reinstatement.
In the event there are no (or insufficient) fees associated with tuition, books, housing and other costs normally incurred at an accredited educational institution, the scholarship allows for use towards transportation, tutor, school supplies, computer/software (school related), healthcare, & food. Receipts of expenses may be required.”
2) Read the Application Instructions
All applications and related materials must be completed and received by 11:59pm MST on February 15, 2023 to be eligible for consideration. In order for an application to be complete, the following information must be submitted and received on time:
- Scholarship Application
- Applications must be fully completed and submitted by 11:59pm MST on February 15, 2023, to be eligible for consideration.
- Letter of Recommendation
- Students need to request one letter of recommendation to support their application. This letter should be from a school mentor, teacher, counselor, or other school official and speak to the student’s academic excellence, leadership ability, community work and activities, and other qualifications.
- After the student scholarship application has been submitted, the student's selected recommender will receive information via email regarding completing the recommendation.
- These letters of recommendation must be submitted online (letters submitted by email will not be accepted) before 11:59pm MST on February 15, 2023. Letters received after this date will not be considered.
- Applicants are responsible for completing their scholarship application and requesting this letter in a timely manner, confirming with the recommender that the letter was completed by the February 15 due date.
- Academic Record
- This includes an official High School academic record or transcript sent directly from the high school by email or mail.
- This also includes an official college or university academic record or transcript, if you are currently or have been previously enrolled in a college or university.
- Applicants are responsible for the timely submittal of information from their school(s). All documents must be received by 11:59pm MST on February 15, 2023 to be eligible for consideration.
- Submitting transcripts by email to email@example.com is preferred. If transcripts must be mailed, the mailing address is:
c/o Tiffany Anderson
13281 Heart Lake Way
Broomfield, CO 80020
Selection of Recipients
Selection will be based on achievement during high school (and college or university if currently or previously enrolled). Academic record, including SAT or ACT scores (SAT and ACT scores are only applicable to US applicants), leadership, citizenship, and extracurricular and community activities will also be considered.
The selection committee is comprised of non-Ball Corporation members who are highly qualified leaders in the academic community. The committee goes through a rigorous review process of the applications to determine which students are selected. Scholarship Awards will be announced in May of each new year.
The selection committee will evaluate the candidates and select the winners. Those selected will be advised by a member of Ball management. All applicants who submitted a complete application and were not selected will be notified by May of the selection year.
- Scholarship Application
3) Create an Account and Apply
Ready to apply for the John W. Fisher Scholarship and/or the Lisa Pauley Scholarship? Create an account here.
If you already have a Ball Scholarships account, you may log in here.